If you’ve followed my blog at all, you know that every year, I create a FOCUS list. (Click here to create your own.)
This year, the list was less ‘personal affirmation’ and more ‘marching orders.’ Short, sweet, and to the point, it summarizes how I will approach 2018.
- Writing is number one, and I’m turning up the gas on this lifelong passion and profession. Production is the goal and the focus.
- Adventure! I’m not giving myself permission, I’m removing the internal barrier that says…actually, I have no idea what the barrier says, other than “mmmm, maybe not?” In any case, I’m tearing that wall down.
- Connection with family & friends requires staying open and receptive, so I’m inviting love and joy to FLOOD in.
- Kindness is always important, and this year, I will focus on lovingkindness toward myself and others.
- I am a mystic. I have insights, I have vision. It’s not necessarily well looked upon by society or even by religious folk. But I need to be true to me, and much of my creativity stems from the mystic soul that swirls and sees.
- Learning is important. No matter the subject, it broadens our ability to interact with our own lives by giving us new mental perspectives. And it helps prevent Alzheimer’s. Enough said there, right?
- Spirit has put it on my heart to help others through my photographic skills. By teaching. By capturing the world & people using my fresh vision. By offering my talents in whatever way Spirit nudges.
So there it is. And as I look at my list, I feel excitement upwelling in my heart and soul. I can’t wait to get out of bed every morning, because look what I get to FOCUS on this year!
Happy New Year, all.